Different people prefer different things and especially when selecting a home sweet home to live in for the rest of your lives, priorities change. It’s not always only the price of the house that matters. Surely, some people priorities the size, the number o bedrooms, the location and lots of such things.
According to a survey, the key home features that BC residents are currently looking for is outdoor space – of course within a specified price range! 65% responded that outdoor living spaces were just as important – whether it was a small yard or just a simple balcony. Over 55% had their priorities set on the number of bedrooms and 52% made their decisions based on the overall square footage. Well, 51% also included location based features such as whether the home is at a walking distance from the most common amenities.
Here are the most important features that home buyers are currently considering before they make a purchase in BC:
• Cost of housing – This is almost always the first priority on the list. Once the cost of the housing suits budget constraints, all other criteria can be checked and worked upon.
• Private outdoor space – This criterion seems to be growing in popularity over the past few years. Outdoor spaces are an interesting addition to your lifestyles.
• Number of bedrooms – This usually is a criteria for growing families and families with kids. The number of bedrooms needs to be considered.
• Overall square footage – the size of the house could contribute to the living experience. Well, no one wants to live in a place where you feel like the walls are closing in!
• Storage space – The amount of storage space is being considered as a criterion for a number of home buyers in BC.
• Walking distance to the most common amenities – Shopping centers and malls at a walking distance means a lot to some home buyers.
• Garage or indoor parking – Well, many families care about a proper parking space while purchasing a home in BC.
• Pet friendly – A pet friendly neighborhood is on the top priority for those who already have a pet and are planning to move or for those who plan on buying a pet in the near future.
• Reputation of the developer – Checking out the reputation of the developer seems to be an increasing trend in BC before buying a house. Home buyers contact agents and do their research before making a buying decision.
• Access to public transit and proximity to work – this decides how convenient their lifestyle is going to be. This has been an increasingly important factor for a number of home buyers.
Priorities often decide the type of house people select and there could be certain tradeoffs there. For example, proximity to amenities and work could mean a smaller home or a spacious outdoor area could be far away from work. Finding the right balance for families to live comfortably is the key to selecting a home in BC.
Want to buy a home in Vancouver? Tanvir Khera has been one of the most leading residential Realtors in East Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.